Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The Shingle Fin

I've finally had a chance to get back to work on a board I started this winter. It is a 6'9" Channel Islands Inspired "single fin."

Since it's a revisited board, the rail construction method is the "old" cork and bending ply type. It still works really well so I'm stoked. The bottom countours of this board have pretty extreme double concave in the exit - hard to pull off but I'm very happy with the way it came out. This board catches waves like a dream so it could be my new daily ride.

Here's a few photos:







The fin for this board is made primarily from recycled cedar shingles I salvaged off a construction site (hence the name).

Thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.