Friday, February 23, 2007

Tree to Sea Plantings

Hello friends of Tree, Sea, and Me.

Last fall on a perilous collecting expedition to the Arnold Arboretum in Boston, I harvested a surplus of cedar seeds. OK so it wasn't all that perilous walking around picking up the cones and shaking out the seeds, but I did have to dodge the management (why I'm not sure). Anyway, Spring is just around the bend (hallelujah!) so I'm gearing up for another round of plantings.

If you’re a builder, Check out T2S builder’s forum here.

Once the ground thaws, I’m on it and I’ll post pics and stories as they happen.

Side Note: Did you know cedar trees can live to be 400 years old!.

Peace out.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI, my name is James and I live in australia and am very interisted in building a wooden surfboard and how the boards are sustainable. I don't know if anyonw will reply to this but I am just wondering how I can donate to the Tree to Sea Planting Fund and receive free templates for a board.

Thanks James

6:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am also interested in building a wooden surfboard. Do you have an email address to contact to? - Ann

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Technorati blog directory Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.